Monday, March 15, 2010

Aux Vivres, Montreal


After reading a blog article titled Montreal Vegan Throwndown: Aux Vivres vs. Crudessence, I was excited to try both vegan restaurants. Unfortunately, I didn't realize that there are two different locations for 105 Rachel St.: the West side and the East side. I ended up on the wrong side, of course, staring confusedly at a plain blue door that didn't seem to lead anywhere, particularly not to delicious vegan food.

However, with a bit of backtracking, I was close enough to Aux Vivres. Once I arrived, I discovered that dining in wasn't an option - even the take-out area was crammed. I waited patiently for my chapati wrap though - the BLT.

It's obviously a misnomer. There's no bacon, of course. If they wanted to be accurate, they would call it a NCLT, or le noix de coco, laitue et tomate (aka coconut, lettuce and tomato).

Coconut? Yeah, that's what I thought... and that's why I ordered it. Thankfully it works and actually tastes pretty authentic (although I'm sure bacon fanatics would laugh at the thought).

No comments:

Post a Comment