Sunday, April 11, 2010

Falafel Burger with Taratour Sauce

In an attempt to make a burger that was both "fake and fancy" I settled on the falafel burgers from Rebar.

However, there were a number of setbacks:
  • I forgot to buy chickpeas when I went to the grocery store. Without chickpeas, these would be breadcrumbs, tahini, onions and spices. So I had to go back.
  • The recipe says to roast bulghur and then grind it into a powder in your spice grinder. Apparently me and my mortar and pestle are not as powerful as an electronic device(!).
  • I was lacking breadcrumbs so I crossed my fingers and used one cup instead of two.
In spite of these mishaps, the burgers turned out great. So did the taratour sauce. What I gathered from Wikipedia is that taratour is a Turkish word that means "has tahini in it" - which this sauce does - plus miso and chipotle and lemon juice, making it a great topping.

No comments:

Post a Comment